Instructional Designer / Trainer
Fort Worth, Texas 76244
Dedicated Instructional Designer / Trainer / Educator with more than 11 years of commended performance teaching high school students and training staff, with a passion for the learning process and an unwavering commitment to optimizing learner success. Skilled with incorporating Instructional Design principles to organize, plan, and implement progressive curricula to enhance student knowledge and improve performance. Possessing advanced skills in MS Office, face-to-face training, asynchronous training and differentiated instruction.
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, One Note and Outlook
Adobe Creative Suite: Acrobat Professional XI | Illustrator | Photoshop
Articulate Storyline | Camtasia | SnagIt| Zoom | Final Cut Pro X | Word Press | iMovie | HTML | CSS | Web 2.0
V.R. EATON HIGH SCHOOL-Haslet, Texas ~ 6/2015–12/2016
English Teacher / Campus Technology Liaison
- Launched new 21st century high school. Taught English2, English 2 Pre-AP courses and UT Austin OnRamps Rhetoric, incorporating Moodle 2.9 and Canvas into daily lessons. Served as campus technology liaison.
- Designed, developed and deployed Google apps initiative to encourage student collaboration and Google Forms for testing.
- Integrated mobile technology into lessons to prevent systemic computer failures in the 1 to 1 environment.
- Designed, developed and deployed flipped model lesson delivery initiative, enabling students to spend more instructional time engaged in deeper discussions, hands-on applications, and project-based learning.
- Trained new district staff on Moodle 2.9 via Articulate Storyline simulation.
- Assessed staff’s use of Moodle periodically to evaluate the effectiveness of the training.
- Developed training on new technological tools to facilitate rapid feedback to students. Implemented training multiple times in year.
- Created and managed student projects for multiple showcases.
NORTHWEST HIGH SCHOOL-Justin, Texas ~ 2/2012–6/2015
English 4 Teacher (2013–2015)
- Taught English 4 and directed and deployed the senior project. Incorporated Moodle 2.4 into daily lessons.
- Deployed Capstone Project to encourage students to think critically, solve challenging problems, and develop skills in verbal communication, public speaking, researching, media literacy, teamwork, planning, self-sufficiency, and goal setting.
- Designed and developed curricula on the curriculum writing team, utilizing school and state data to create our goals and objectives.
- Designed and developed project-based learning opportunities to engage students in sustained, collaborative, real-world situations and provided guidance and feedback.
- Incorporated social media in classroom environment.
- Deployed flipped model lesson delivery, enabling students to spend more instructional time engaged with the learning deliverables and deeper discussions.
- Accounted for students with their own computers in a new 1 to 1 tablet launch while maintaining productivity.
English 2 & 3 Teacher (2012–2013)
- Trained English 2 and 3 classes concurrently. Incorporated Moodle 1.8 into daily lessons.
- Designed English 2 curriculum on district team.
- Used Google apps to encourage student collaboration and Google Forms for testing.
- Selected to participate in a school-wide cross-curricular professional learning community (PLC).
- Deployed mobile technology into lessons to prevent systemic computer failures in the 1 to 1 environment.
ACI SCHOOL-Istanbul, Turkey ~ 8/2002–11/2003
- Co-managed classroom while coordinating special needs with school guidance counselor.
- Designed, developed and edited curriculum; developed education materials for daily /monthly plans.
- Trained and supervised new teachers for the 2003—2004 school year.
- Tested and reported each student’s progress with high rate of English language success.
CONRAD ISTANBUL-Istanbul, Turkey ~ 6/2001–8/2002
- Trained staff of 500 in English used in the various capacities in the hotel.
- Performed needs assessment by surveying all department heads to understand what levels of English the staff needed to acquire; developed the curriculum taught to the staff; and worked concurrently with the other Training Manager to provide the most training hours of any Hilton in the world in 2001.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR-Istanbul, Turkey ~ 11/1998–6/2001
- Taught English grammar and conversation skills to middle and high school students at several private schools.
- Instrumental in launching the Wall Street Institute in 2001.
- Deployed Wall Street Institute structured curriculum, achieving great success to new intermediate level English students.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE ~ 12/2003—6/2010
Vice President, Sales and Marketing-Digital Anodizing Technologies-Portland, Oregon
Account Representative, Yellowbook USA-Fresno, California
Independent Loan Officer-Fresno, California
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT BROWNSVILLE ~ 5/2015
- Master of Education, Education Technology (Instructional Design); 4.0 GPA
- e-Learning Certificate
- Technology Leadership in Education Certificate
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, FRESNO ~ 12/2011
- Single Subject Credential, English; 4.0 GPA
UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE ~ 7/1999
- Certificate of English Language Teaching, Adults (TEFL Certificate, Correspondence course)
SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY ~ 5/1996
- Bachelor of Arts, English; emphasis in Creative Writing